Welcome to First for Party Wall Surveyors

Based in Romford covering all of Havering, Barking and Dagenham in Essex.

We specialise in the party wall Act from notices
to party wall award.

Confused? Need Help?

Please get in touch with us for free advice on how best to deal with your party wall matter.

Call — 01708 300199


07932 770011

We would like to point out we are not the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors but we are members click the link below to be redirected to the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.www.fpws.org.uk
The following are also members of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyor (‘FPWS’) – Paul Williamson FFPWS MPTS Fellow member , Joanna Doe and David Davis MFPWS members

We are Specialist Party Wall Surveyors. Based in Romford in Essex. Covering Romford, Hornchurch, Upminster, Collier Row and surrounding areas. 

We have surveyors in other areas so for your local party wall surveyor please click on Surveyor near me.

for other areas please look at our links page for surveyors in your area.

We act for the building owners but also in many cases act as Party Wall Surveyors for adjoining owners, or both the building owner and adjoining owner.

We can provide advice to owners where a neighbour has served a notice of their intention to undertake works to the party wall or to carry out excavation works.

 As we only specialise in Party Wall matters this means we can be highly focused on your Party Wall etc. Act needs. We appreciate fully the need for swift work and resolution so that developments may both start and continue to completion.

If your looking for a Local party wall surveyor then contact us as we have surveyors in most areas..

We are members of the following.

Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). 

As such regulated by them which means you can be assured of the highest levels of professionalism and integrity. All works are overseen by a full member of the RICS (A Chartered Surveyor).

Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors

Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS).  In 1997 the Government introduced party wall legislation across the whole of England & Wales in the form of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996. The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors was born out of a need for education and support for building surveyors and other professionals, but also to enhance awareness and provide advice and guidance to the general public.

Pyramus & Thisbe Society (Party wall and neighbourly matters)

Promoting Excellence in Party Wall Practice Since 1974


We carry Professional indemnity insurance for your safety and piece of mind.

Please get in touch with us for advice on how best to deal with your party wall matter.

Types of work covered by the
Party Wall etc Act 1996

Section 1 Building on the line of junction

Building a new wall on the line of junction, this can be a Boundary wall or a new wall for an extension or new property. If the new wall is intended to be built astride the boundary a Section 1(2) Party wall notice must be served on the Adjoining Owner. The wall can also be built on the boundary but solely on the Building Owners land and the notice for this is a Section 1(5) notice.

Section 2
Work on the Party Wall

If you intend on carrying out work on the Party Wall for any of the below then you must serve notice on the adjoining owner.

  • Removing a chimney breastS2.2(g)
  • Cutting into the party wall to insert steel beams for a loft conversion. S2.2(f)
  • Cutting into the Party wall to insert damp proofing.
  • Underpinning a Party wall S2.2(a)
  • Exposing a Party wall S2.2(n)
  • Demolishing and rebuilding a Party wall or party fence wall.
  • Repairing a party wall.
  • Cut into an adjoining owner to insert a flashing or other weather-proofing 2.2(i)
  • To reduce the height of a party wall or party fence wall 2.2(m)

Above is just a few of the works that are covered by the Party wall etc act 1997, please contact us if you are unsure if your works fall under the party wall act.

Section 6

This is for excavation, if you intend on excavations within 3 metres and to a lower depth than the adjoining properties foundations, you will need to serve a party wall notice on the adjoining owner or owners. Section 6 also covers excavations within 6 metres, this is a little more complicated as there is a rule called the 45 degree rule. For this i would recommend calling us for advice.

Send Us a message,
We will be touch

Let’s talk!

We’re available for to help you with your party wall matter and We Are excited to hear from you

Follow us: